Baby Shabooblah

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Hey, yo, vomit, stop it!

When do we lose that zest for life?

I believe (and heck, I could be wrong, it isn't like I did a study or anything), that all babies, have in common, a natural curiosity. This natural curiosity for the world around them begins, most days, around 7 am.

I believe, (and heck, I could be wrong, but I seriously doubt it, after all I am pretty damn smart), that as humans age we divide into 2 subgroups. The early risers and the night hawks. (there may be a group inbetween, who peak at about 2:00, but they could not be researched...as they tend to be their most alert during my naptime).

Sha awakes with vigour. If you peek over the crib rail in the morning he is failing his arms and his legs and ready to be plucked from baby jail.

I awake with cobwebs. I awake and my first thought is, I wonder when I can get some more sleep.

Sha downs a bottle as quickly as possible to avoid missing a moment of discovery.

I sip a warm, flat diet coke that I opened the night before. Fizz is too difficult in the morning.

Sha has learned many techniques to aid in his learning. He uses his feet as much as he uses his hands. He has not mastered crawling but will propel himself forward using his feet off of the wall, toys or your eye socket, if you are so lucky. His mind is working as quickly (if not quicker) than his body.

I am numb. Nightcrawler. I make comments, you are so cute, good job friend, awwww...wave, nice. I am thinking, I am so tired.

Sha rolls and rolls and rolls. That is his way around the house. This makes him vomit, this constant rolling (40 at a time). I am thankful for the baby wipe warmer that Dr. C. gave us. Because the wipes are warm and my body is still sleepy.

Sha decides to nap around noontime.

I wish I could wake up like that! Excited to see the same house, with the same toys, and the same furniture.

I wake up about 10:00pm.

About now is when I consider housework, chores or online banking.

I take comfort in knowing eventually he will be a teenager. Who sleeps till noon and beyond. When I will creep into his bedroom at 7am, and flick the lights off and on off and on and declare "lightning storm!". As one generation curses the next. Someday when you have kids...

Thank you Mom.

Brilliant idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home