Baby Shabooblah

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Charlie Brown's teacher

Have you ever talked to someone and all you actually take away from the conversation is wah-wah-wah-wah?

Called EI today. 'Cause their time is up. Or my time is up, depending on who you ask. We went over the necessary details, when was your baby born, out of hospital, wah-wah-wah-wah.

Back and forth. Can't be done. Yes it can. No it can't. Yes it can.

She asked me 3 times what date he came home from hospital.

Break. To get policy.

I am read the policy. And yes, I sent in those forms, yes, I have done all those things.

The answer: why don't you go get a note from your doctor and claim stress leave while the baby is in the hospital?

Ummmmm...'cause that was 2006. I can't exactly turn back time.

Oh. Ummmmm.

Then there was a pause. The longwinded pause of someone trying to compute something that they will never understand. 2-0-0-6. All long and drawn out. Extra emphasis on the t-h-o-u-s-a-n-d. As if all of the universe was going to hear the t-h-o-u-s-a-n-d and shed light on the fact that it is 2007.

Can I get a supervisor to call me?

Yeah. Good idea. Give us 2 days.

HA!

I wonder if there is a red flag notice on my account and they get the janitor to answer the call?!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home