Baby Shabooblah

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

What to do on a quack, quack, waddle, waddle day?

Overcast = indoors = boring.

Ma and Sha went out today for a ride to Strathroy. We are in search of an outfit for him to wear as a RINGBEARER!! We perused the speciality shops but still didn't find the one that was just right.

Ma decided to slip into First Choice to get Sha's haircut. Of course, it is not his first hair cut (because that happened at St. Joes) but it is still a first (kind of) moment.

Anyway, my gut told me, do not attempt this at home.

So we slip into First Choice. She buzzes the back a little to get rid of his flyaways and then proceeds to use the scissors on the top.

Not feeling oh-so-comfy with the situation, I say...how about we just use the clippers on top? Because I'm feeling like, this seems dangerous considering he is rocking around and beboping all over the place.

And she says, Naw, we do this all the time.

Then...

She cuts through her knuckle.

I knew it was bad because she said...I'll be right back I just have to clean this up. In a really hurried way and left to the bathroom.

About 1 minute later I realize, Yup, this is bad. And I go to find her. She looks like she is going to pass out, spending some time lying on the bathroom floor and admits she can't stand the sight of her own blood.

I load Sha into the truck. I load hairdresser into the truck.

We go to Emerg for stitches on hairdresser's finger. I help her call her mom and explain the situation at hand...errrr...knuckle.

Ouchie.

I'm starting to worry that Sha thinks that everytime we go anywhere, we have to go to the hospital!

I wish we could just have a normal life...

Thank god I didn't bring my camera today.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:01 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    (Well, good news is at least there were no bolt cutters required at this event! hahaha!)

    You really need to make this whole past year into a movie Ma!!

    I have never laughed and cried so much in my entire life!!!

    We should be paying YOU for reading this blog! I think it's a little theraputic for us all!

    And Sha... by the sounds of it we're just going to have to suck up the fact that your mother will now resign you to a hippy child (think Charles - Celine Dion's son) with this big golden mane of hair and his first word will likely be Dude or Man as a result. Forget the tricycle..we're going straight for surf board!

    Thanks again First Choice and I hope for the hairdresser's sake they have a stellar benefits package!!!

    By the way Ma.... your new calling... Ambulance Driver/Hallmark Card Author. A match made in Heaven if I ever saw one!!!!! And if you ever need a wing-man - just let me know! We can annoy the patients in the ambulance by testing out some of our "new" categories of thank you cards (like our "Thank You for Going Back to Training E.I. Lady card) I'm sure it would be on the best seller's list within a week!

    lol

    Aunt RoRo

     
  • At 10:11 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No way. Did this really happen? How do you think of these stories to make up? Ha Ha. Please post a pic of the new haircut (minus the blood). Hugs.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home