Baby Shabooblah

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Some things aren't funny...

until you look back. After our whirlwind day in the NICU visiting with Sha, Jer and I replayed a conversation in the truck on the way home.

A staff, who we have gotten to know over the course of our NICU journey, stopped to check on Sha's progress. She looked at me, Ma, and said "I think he has your eyes". And I say..."I think he gets that from Pa". And she says, "ummm, yeah..I guess, but they do look a lot like your eye colour". And I say, "I think his eyes are dark, but I think they are blue...and I think that he gets that from Pa".

So, we are both standing there in an akward silence, and I say "because my eyes are such a deep brown and Pa's are blue". (obviously!) And she says..."ummm...yeah, well it was nice to see you". And I'm thinking "What is up with her?", 'cause I happen to have the biggest, brownest eyes and Pa's are clearly blue and Sha's are blue too.

So, I'm talking to Pa about the weird conversation on our ride home...telling him how it was so odd. How could she think that Sha's eyes are like mine, when mine are deep brown and his are still blue?

And Pa says "but your wearing your coloured contacts...". Which are blue.

Blond moment. (ok...so it's not real either!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home