Baby Shabooblah

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Day 41 of Life - July 29th

So another day has come to an end and our little man is having a fine day. His rate is still holding steady at about 1o. I, Ma, got to hold him again for a few hours today. He is getting very strong and has tried and tried and tried to pull out his ventilator tubing. I am sure in the upcoming days, he will find a way and succeed. Hopefully this will mean that he is strong enough to stop using the conventional ventilator and give another try of the Aladdin. His feeds are still going strong and have been increased to 15 cc every 2 hours. He definately looks more pink since his last blood transfusion.

Today, during his holding session with me, he threw up on himself and tried giving a good ol' yank on his tube. I think his little tummy was just upset because of all of the wriggling around he did in my arms. He wore a very, very cute blue and white knit hat and spent a lot of time with one eye open hoping the nurses were bringing him more food. He heard all about the nurses' mullet party, but failed to disclose any of the details to me. I think he must have signed a confidentiality agreement with them....

Tonight, I went drove off to Windsor to see all of the family at cousin Blarin and Sweetie's stag and doe. There were a ton of people there and everyone of the family ask to send the good wishes to Sha. Sha got a present that I will take to show him tomorrow from his darling little cousin, who has lots of red hair and the chubbiest little legs.

Pumping today, in the pumping room at the NICU, I was surprised by one of our male staff....poor guy...he will never look at me in the same way again...but the good news is, he isn't the first and probably won't be the last.

So, Ma and Pa are a very tired out couple, so I think we will retire to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home