Baby Shabooblah

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Day 12 of Life - UPDATE

Little Sha's oxygen requirements have gone down. They still are high, but are much better, which is a good sign that the drug is doing it's job of getting the fluid out of his lungs.

The little one is much more relaxed today. He is resting comfortably, but often opens one eye to make sure that he's still the centre of attention! Don't worry, Buddy, you still are and always will be.

Ma is quite exhausted tonight. Personally, I think she may be overdoing slightly. She's so excited after escaping from her prison, that she gets caught up in having a life again...or at least being allowed to have one. Napping has begun between pumping sessions and this will likely do wonders in her healing.

Ma and Pa are spending most of their free time at the hospital. Ma and I joke that she spends more time there now than when she was working!

As an FYI, Cowboy Gerry's Wife has suggested that I turn this blog into a scrapbook for Sha...a "modern" type of baby book. So, a new project has begun. Kristine has kindly offered to help me with this endeavour...I honestly don't know what I would do without her. So, please keep in mind that your posts are not only read by Ma and Pa...but one day will be read by Sha. Although, as a favour, I would like to ask that you try to comment on the most recent posts, as I will be trying to create the scrapbook as we go and I don't want to accidently miss anyone's loving messages. And, I know that I say this almost everyday, but thank you. Even if Ma and Pa can't respond to all of you, your love and support is going to be fundamental through this journey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home