Baby Shabooblah

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Day 9 of Life - UPDATE

The nurses had started Sha on breastfeeds again, with the same schedule as before. He was receiving 1 cc every 6 hours, until 8:00 this evening, when he was supposed to switch to 1 cc every 4 hours. When I last spoke to Ma, the staff felt as though he wasn't tolerating his feeds as well as he did last time. As a result, Sha will likely be taken off of feeds again.

The nurses also suspect that his PDA is opening again. This frequently happens, especially with large PDAs. When they re-open, sometimes they are smaller than they were originally. If it has indeed re-opened, then he will be started on Indomethacin again, with the hopes that it will re-close the PDA.

Ma and Pa are attending their first Parent-Supporting-Parent group meeting tonight. Ironic, as Ma used to make the posters to advertise these meetings.

Cousin (Auntie) Soccer spent some time with Ma this afternoon and then had a quick visit with Sha. As with everyone who has had the priviledge to meet this little miracle, she lost her heart. Ma tells me that Cousin took a lot of pictures and will be e-mailing them to me to post on the blog. Stay tuned!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:27 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Ma, Pa and Sha:

    Just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you everyday... I know that you have been bombarded by people lately so I am biding my time when I can have you to myself!! I am so excited that you were released from the zoo and can have some personal time to contemplated the miracle that just happened to you (and thankfully to all of us). You have really showed us that despite all odds, you guys are fighters, and if Sha only takes a little piece of you and Pa with him, he is going to conquer the world some day ( not in a Pinky and the Brain takeover though!)

    I can't believe how lucky we all are to have you all as teachers, beleivers, and best of all as our friends.

    I have to go know because you have just made me cry a little! Love you all more than words can say!

    Robin

     

Post a Comment

<< Home