Baby Shabooblah

Monday, November 20, 2006

WE DID IT!

After much debate, humming and hawing, Sha and Ma went for a car ride together today! Yippee!! It wasn't far, but it was very exciting for both of us. Sha slept through the entire experience and Ma sang her lungs out to the radio. I stopped about 5 times on the ride there just to make sure he was ok. (neurotic?!?) We had a gourmet lunch with our special NP, Dee and headed for home. I feel like we just landed on the moon. "One small step for Ma, one big step for mankind". Ma was SWEATY by the time she got in the door. Whephf. STRESSFUL. But the anticipation sure was worse than the journey.

Tomorrow, we are packing our bags for our first Mommy outing. Sha and his pal are going shopping and we are going to clear out the mall. Ma has been packing and repacking for about 6 hours this evening.

I wrestled the carseat on the floor like the ROCK vs. Stonecold (are there any other wrestlers...like I would know?!?) and WON! I have to admit that I have thought many times in the past, what could be so difficult about adjusting a car seat, big deal. But it is tough. More difficult than I had anticipated, really.

So, about 3000 items later and Sha bathed. It is finally 11:00pm and I started at 9:00 this morning. This trip out today was perfect for my soul. I am so excited about tomorrow. 2 babies, 2 moms, 1 mall.

Sha has a doctor's appointment on Friday for his RSV immunization at 9:00 am. So I think I will have to start getting ready at about 3am. Whoopie!

4 Comments:

  • At 12:02 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah! Glad Ma and Sha are able to do some exploring now. It is definately nice to get out of the house once in awhile even if it is just for a short trip. I was nervous at first too. We enjoyed our visit last week and can't wait to get together again.

     
  • At 8:32 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm glad to hear that you were able to get out yesterday, Ma. I tried to call you back on Monday night, but your phone was busy, and last night I fell asleep - I think I picked up a bug from school, so please do not feel like I didn't want to call you back. Anyhow, glad to hear that you guys are doing so well, and I hope that you enjoy your well-deserved outing today.

    Lots of Love,
    Kris

     
  • At 11:55 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratualtions on your first outing together, what a great start for many more. Enjoy your time to explore

    Paula

     
  • At 2:06 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Soo... how did Sha enjoy shopping?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home