Baby Shabooblah

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I love getting up with you

It doesn't seem so long ago that I was just feeling the early signs of you inside of me. I can't believe how difficult it is to remember what it felt like. I can describe it to myself as little flutters and soft bumping but I really have a hard time remembering it. I remember thinking how strange that there were two of us in the shower together or in the car driving to work together. I would ask your Pa but he never did get to feel it...

It is getting hazy now to remember what you looked like at first. I know I can look at pictures, but it is tough to picture in my mind what you looked like with your hairy shoulders, no nipples, no eyelashes, stick arms, big feet, no bum and red skin. OK, that description doesn't really make you sound beautiful, but you were...you were to me. I almost can't remember how your Giraffe smelled like a rain forest, how you looked getting a blood transfusion into your scalp and how scared I really was. I almost forget how much I wanted to scoop you up and run out the door and take you home.

So, I'm trying not to wish away this time. I love getting up with you. I really don't care how often and I really don't care what time. I don't think much about sleeping or doing a lot of the things that I used to do. I need to soak up every minute, because although time seems like it will go on forever I know this time will fade away too quickly.

Ma

2 Comments:

  • At 7:23 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow...what a way to put everything back into perspective...for everyone!

    Thank you for that!

    If there was ever a lesson for the rest of us to learn from your ordeal, it is that our babies are very precious gifts and we shouldn't ever take them for granted!

     
  • At 11:31 a.m., Blogger Mommy to 7 said…

    Hi there! I stumbled across your site on the second day that baby Sha was born. I have stopped in to check on his progress everyday since then. WOW! That's all I can say. He has grown so much and come so far. Your family is amazing, and I commend you all. My brother was 1 lb when he was born and we spend the first 3 and a half months in Shands Hospital in Gainsville Florida. I know where you have been and what you have been through, and it takes alot of strength, courage and love to make it through. Congratulations on Sha's homecoming and best wishes to you all.

    Christy Baxter
    Valdosta, GA

     

Post a Comment

<< Home