Baby Shabooblah

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Day 100 of Life - September 26th

Another big day for a growing boy! Today, little Sha celebrates 100 days of life...and so much has happened. We've seen crises, surgeries, successes in breathing and feeding and weight gain...it has been a real rollercoaster ride so far...but now we're coming out of the tunnel...

Time to get mushy...I consider myself incredibly lucky...For most of my life, I have had another set of parents to call my own and 2 siblings, not related by blood, but a part of my heart. What seems like ages ago, I was also able to add a great "brother-in-law" to the list of important people in my life and 100 days ago, along came my beautiful, perfect nephew. Throughout his days with us so far, this stubborn little boy has continued to worry me, but has astounded me with his stubborn nature and his urge to fight. He has made me laugh and he has made me cry... So, it is my greatest pleasure to report that he has taken the final step towards going home.

Ma has scrubbed and cleaned her room at RMH and has officially checked out. She has taken up residence in her "new" house...the hospital. That's right, people, Ma and Sha have moved in to Care By Parent, the last step towards escaping from the prison! Ma is both excited and scared... In a way, the last 100 days have felt a little like a babysitting job...except that it's her son...and now she's living at work!!! But, in the same sense, soon our little one should be coming home, as long as he continues to behave. So, please keep up the thoughts and the prayers, as this part of the journey will soon (hopefully) be over and the Booblah family will be able to settle into a family routine, with love and appreciation.

PS...Dear Ma: Your thanks are heard and appreciated, but not needed. You're one of the only people in my life who has been there every time I needed a shoulder to cry on, an ear to talk off or a gut to bust! No matter what happens in my life, I know that you are always there for me. You have given so much to me...a stranger (okay, not since we were 3...but at one point, we were strangers!!!). It is I that should be thanking you... You have given me an amazing nephew. And even through the last 100 days, you have been there for me. You have listened to me complain and yell and cry... Another lesson our boy has taught me is that our friendship/sisterhood is a give-take thing and neither of us should ever feel guilty for knowing and using that. So, stop thanking me already...you would do the same!!!

Love Auntie Carrie (God, I love being able to say that!!!)

6 Comments:

  • At 5:38 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    the neighbours said...

    We are so happy for you guys. This long chapter in your life is about to close and other is about to open. You guys were incredibly lucky and had a baby that had the fight in him to survive and beat the odds. Now look at him he a beautiful full term baby that about ready to come home!! I can only imagine how happy and scared you must be all at the same time, but it will be fine. Sha has proved that over and over again.

    Once again - congratulations on the BIG news!!

     
  • At 6:47 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is wonderful news that Sha has finally reached that final stage before going home. I check the blog every day and can't believe the leaps he has made. Such a fighter. Anyhow wonderful news. Ma and Pa you both take care. And hopefully soon this will all be over and Sha will be at home with the two of you.

     
  • At 7:03 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad to hear you are on the last stretch and normality is just around the corner. Hang in there, hopefully not too much longer now..

    Happy "full-term" Sha.

    Good Luck!!!

     
  • At 11:36 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations on day 100 of life Sha! We are so happy to hear that you and your mom are at the final stages to ending your hospital stay. We know that this is just the beginning to another new chapter of your lives, and we wish you and your family all the best. Congratulations Ma and Pa!

    Thank you to everyone that post the blogs for us, so we can follow Sha and family every step of the way. Congrats
    The Andrew family

     
  • At 8:23 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, this is great news.

    Congratulations
    Tonya (and J and F)

     
  • At 8:26 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OMG...we are sooo happy to hear that Ma and Pa have moved into the care by parent unit. It is such a huge step in the journey to finally coming home. We have read about your life over the last 100 days and can't help but be in absolute awe. Sha has been such a fighter managing to overcome every obstacle his little life has thrown at him. Ma and Pa's strength and courage is a picture of a parent's true unconditional love for a child. You stayed so strong for little Sha and were there for each other when it was needed. You are both an inspiration to all of us! The relationship betweeen Ma and Auntie that has always been has been made public over this journey and has shown that true friendship does exist in this world. What the two of you won't do for each other has made our hearts swell and brought tears to our eyes. If we all could only be that lucky to have a friend in our life like that...
    That's all for the mushy stuff....congratulations to all of you...we are so happy this chapter in your life is almost over and you can move on to the next one! Trust me...the next chapter will still be filled with fear, anxiety, sleepless nights,lots of messes,love and laughter,; but in a different (and better)way!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home