Baby Shabooblah

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Auntie sees the Dixie Chicks

Auntie and Lord Uncle B are away tonight at the Dixie Chicks concert. I have heard that they will be in late, so I thought I would surprise Auntie and fill in for a post.

Sha had another day of sleeping and gaining strength. He had a few visitors all of whom were amazed at his little size. Pa spent some time holding him against his shoulder and Sha quietly slept. Sha is still on the Aladdin and they have decided to attempt to sprint him back and forth from the Aladdin to the high flow/low flow oxygen. This will give him an increased chance of remaining on the HFO/LFO and with any luck will be rid of the Aladdin within the upcoming days. Sha continues to progress and has earned some chipmunk cheeks...awww. His sodium requirements have also been lowered, which is what is expected with the discontinuation of the Aldactazyde. Because he is over 1500 grams, he will now be fed every 3 hours and therefore he will be taking 30 cc, on each of those occasions.

As for Ma, my milk volumes have decreased and our little boy seems to be taking more and more milk. It has been a very tough time to figure out how to keep so many appointments, find an empty pumping room, still visit friends, make time for myself, spend time with the baby and sterilize all these pieces. Whephf. It makes me tired just to think about it. Just when I think I have finally accomplished the job, it starts all over again. Anyhow, so far, I am keeping up with him...time will tell.

Pa is busy with the new toy that he bought for Sha...unfortunately, Sha is too little to play with his new remote controlled car, so Pa has been investing extra time warming up the engine and cruising it around the old high school. I am sure by the time Sha comes home, the tires will be worn in.

Lots of love to all our friends, The Booblah family

1 Comments:

  • At 9:58 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Every 3 hours! F still doesn't eat every 3 hours! (occasionally at night - but the number times he's done that I can count on one hand).

    Way to go! Glad to hear he is growing stronger and bigger.

    Ma, if he can get to nursing for real soon, your milk will probably go back up. As for finding it difficult to fit everything in... I can't offer you any hope there... the only way that is getting better is hopefully soon you will be able to take Sha with you. But I'm afraid we haven't figured out how to fit everything in yet. I haven't even figured out how to fit in sleep yet! (Little sleep deprived at the moment.)

    Good luck, hang in there, and if you need anything let us know. We will be down your way next weekend.

    Tonya (and J and F)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home