Baby Shabooblah

Friday, June 23, 2006

Day 5 of Life - UPDATE #2

Alright...Ma had her consult with Internal Medicine (IM)...with a "funny guy". He told her that high blood pressure is called the silent killer for a reason...cuz it takes so long to kill you! Apparently, he is more relaxed about the situation than everyone else! So, the result of the consult...Ma's dose of Labatelol has been upped from the "horse-sized" dosage to the "elephant-size" dosage. IM guy also said that he wouldn't be surprised if Ma could eventually come off the meds at some point...but would likely end up back on them in 5-10 years. Helpful. Labatelol is apparently not the strongest blood pressure med out there...but it is the only one that will not affect Ma's breastmilk. No discharge date for Ma yet...

Every doc that speaks to Ma about her blood pressure recommends the same thing...no more pregnancies. Ma is considering one of two options: 1) Let Pa carry the next one (Dr. H says its possible, but I don't know how Pa feels about this one) or 2) Adopt a little girl from China! Both are good options (and not a serious consideration at this point). Either way, though, Sha will likely be the only Ma-Pa child. Making him even more special...as if that was possible!

So, after work, Ma and I went to visit the little monkey and it was the most amazing thing. His little head fits in the palm of my hand. Sha's nurse told Ma that gently cupping his head helps calm him. So precious. He is absolutely perfect. He looks so fragile...much more so than a full term baby...but the little guy is strong and frisky! When Dr. R was putting in the long line today, he discovered that Sha's feet are incredibly ticklish! He kept jerking his little legs away and curling up his toes. Still being difficult...gosh, I love this kid!!!

Pa's going to go home for awhile tomorrow. Ma has a pizza party scheduled with Auntie Dee, a nurse practitioner in the NICU. (A nurse practitioner is a specialized nurse...with lots of education!) So, Pa gets to escape for a bit...I know Ma wishes she could go, too!

Pa says that he's going to be taking more pictures tonight. I have requested a few items myself...you absolutely have to see his tiny little soother! So, hopefully, tomorrow I will have more pictures.

I also want to warn you all that my morning updates on weekends will not occur as early as those through the week. For those of you who don't know me...I enjoy my sleep and it hasn't been that abundant this past week...so I have some catch-up to do. So, just a warning that unless something serious occurs, an update will not be available until later on in the day. But I promise you that if anything unpleasant happens, I will be updating faster than you can type the really long web address!

1 Comments:

  • At 6:26 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    thanks so much to all who add to this blog. sure keeps family and friends in the loop. great gramma and grampa VN love to read about Sha, Ma and Pa. keep the messages coming :) :) :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home