Baby Shabooblah

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Audit...ugh.

I am being audited. F'in eh!

Last year I did our tax return, myself. Which I do every year. But this year there were medical expenses that we could claim for our NICU time in the hospital. So, I did. I'm pretty damn sure I did it right. I read all the stuff, interpreted all the lingo and filed.

Anyhoo...now I get a letter in the mail that they want all the documentation. Which is cool, I have that.

But it also says "If your claim includes expenses for travel to another city...we need a letter from your medical practitioner in the home community stating that the medical services were not available (in your home community)."

I don't have a doctor here. My doctor is in London.

I do, in fact, know where he lives. He lives in the nicest house in the town. He did give me stitches in the local ER once but I really doubt that he remembers that day.

Would it be odd if I showed up at his house, knocked on his door and asked him for a letter for a patient he never saw, doesn't know or dealt with, who was treated over a year ago, in London, to confirm that he was infact a patient in London but was never a patient of his in Glencoe? What the fojijal is that?

He will think I'm a lunatic. I think I might be a lunatic.

I suppose I could take him to the door and ask Sha to raise hand and swear his previous preemie status on a stack of Parenting your Preemie for Dummies pamphlets. If he raise his arm high enough, he could show off his PDA scar. Is that proof enough for ya?

Drama, drama, drama. Of that I am the queenbee.

I'm going to go now and sit in the corner and rock.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:25 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    only you ma - only you would get picked to be autited. I don't think i have ever met anyone with worse luck than you. funny to us not so much for you i'm sure!!

    neighbours

     

Post a Comment

<< Home