Baby Shabooblah

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

SIN numbers

I should have stayed in bed today.

A. It is raining.
B. I hate mornings.

So I trudge out in the rain to get Sha a SIN number. I end up in the wrong building and wait about an hour for service.

The other day I bought a "Mom" purse. It is huge, I know. But it is kind of stylish...

When I am finally called to a cubicle, I take my Mom purse and fumbled it on the ground. Unfortunately, I had loaded my Mom purse with an econo sized box of tampons, loosely floating around in the bottom. So, this tampon bomb explodes all over the cubicle floor.

The government guy leans down to help me pick them all up. Ugh.

And he says, "Do you work for Tampax or something?"

"Yeah. They are customer samples."

Oh, dignity...where have you gone?

I think I'm going to change back into my pjs and curl up for the rest of the day.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:27 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Welcome to the mom club! You have had the worst hazing rituals I can think of trying to get into this secret society after everything you have been through the last 100+ days! But we (as a society) think you will fit in just fine! Trust me when I tell you the embarrasing moments only get better (or worse - depending how you look at it!) Wait until he can talk...that's when the most embarrasing truths are told in an alarmingly crowded room after your toddler has just shuushed everyone to ensure they were all listening!

    Seriously...congrats on making it this far. You have demonstrated amazing strength and courage. The fact that you can still laugh at the less ideal parts just goes to show that you are still human...and you are still the Ma we all know and love!

     
  • At 6:03 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Ma, I'm sorry you had such a poopy day. Isn't it funny how guys react to tampons? They don't even want to touch the box in the store...imature! I hope that tomorrow is a better one for you. I am so happy to see all of the marvelous pics of everyone. Keep taking care of each other, and you will be home before you know it. Please know that I am thinking about you guys.

    Lots of love,
    Kris

     
  • At 8:18 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just keep thinking 'My new purse makes me look like a hot mama!!!'

    A Cow

     

Post a Comment

<< Home