Baby Shabooblah

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Another milestone reached

Today Sha graduated from his Haberman nipple. Lately I have been noticing how much barf was spewing out of Sha and how his lips just didn't seem to be sealing over the nipple, it seemed to cause an awful lot of the breastmilk/formula combo that he gets to run down his face. And for air to get in. On top of that, I think Pa had just about had enough of our Habermans. They are darn leaky little things when they have been sterilized so much. Each time we went to feed we would have a hand full of milk and some on the baby...well...you get the picture. So, today Sha "graduated" to the AVENT system. What a difference. All is well! ISha is much more awake for feedings, no barfing (cross my fingers) and much less burping action. And Pa is much happier too! It has been 24 hours so far, so good.

Today Pa and Sha watched "American Chopper". What a cute sight. Both of my boys on the couch in front of the big screen in their pjs. Awwww.

BTW, just an FYI - CPS and the AAP do not recommend cosleeping.

Should go, Sha just finished a bottle and I'm shopping Ebay for some Robeez...apparently the must have for the season! Too many too choose from. Need to go to bed too, but I'm really not tired.

Happy Birthday Cousin, Anne Geddes baby!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:17 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi,
    Congrats on the reduction of spit up - and the more wakeful baby. That is always fun... looking into their eyes and watching them discover their world.

    As for the co-sleeping thing... the bigger studies showed it safer for SIDS according to my readings... but to each their own - I think it is one of those things. We co-slept with F for months. We don't so much now but that is because F (and J and I ) sleep better when he is in his crib. Not that he sleeps well anywhere! I have come to the conclusion that almost everyone who breastfeeds does it at least some times.

    I am so happy to hear that things are going well with you at home. It is amazing how happy they can make you.

    And how tired - I'm off to bed. The pics are so cute.
    Tonya (and J and F)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home