Baby Shabooblah

Friday, October 20, 2006

And the great days keep going on and on

I'm having one of those days. One of those most enchanting days. The days when you realize how magical this all is and how fragile life is and how tiny little human being is. Sha is spending today mesmorized by my every smile and gesture. He peers up with those big, big eyes, showing off new ability to raise his head off of my chest and I just can't help but think of how dependant he is and how trusting he is and how perfect life is right now. Beyond perfect. I wish I could make it through..."You are My Sunshine..." but I just can't. Even watching him sleep is pure joy. And thanks to Dr. C, I could not make it through..."I'll Love You Forever" book. Whephf. My soul is moved and my heart is full. And out of everything I have ever done this will forever be my greatest accomplishment.

I have been given my favourite gift.

I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living,
My baby you'll be.

It's cold in here
Feels like everything's upside down
I can feel you talking
But I can hardly make out the sound
And I've been kicking around these parts
Feels like a year
And I'm going to change this world
If I ever get out of here
She wants to dress me in pink
Paints my bedroom blue
And I just laugh to myself
Cause only I know the truth

This love is my only emotion
Haven't learned any fear, any shame
It's kind of funny with all this commotion
Guess they've got me to blame
They don't even know my name

2 Comments:

  • At 9:59 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm glad you are enjoying motherhood so much. It really is amazing and it is amazing how fast the days go by just holding and staring at and playing with our babies. Looks like you might have a career in the screenprint onesie business too! Sha is so cute. I do see Pa but also a bit of Ma and Uncle Ka too.

     
  • At 2:58 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Auntie could have that career. I am just the ironer!

    Ma

     

Post a Comment

<< Home