Baby Shabooblah

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Our primary

We have been so fortunate to have an amazing primary nurse for Xander. Throughout this time she has been our cheerleader, teacher, shoulder to cry on and one of the funniest gals I know. Ok, I'm getting all teary eyed...

I think the thing that I love most, is that she isn't huggy, just like me. (I have made a few exceptions, example...when I kissed Dr. Baby BAK Ribs after Xander was born...I think it was the hormones talking!)

I think that one of the hardest parts of going home will be leaving her behind. Whephf.

Today she brought two pieces of the dreamest, flakiest, sweetest homemade apple pie, that she made, to the hospital for Jeremy and I. And I am so touched that she would think of us.

Tonight on my way back from the hospital, I went to start my truck and the battery was dead. Forgot to turn off the interior lights, I think, and then I lock the keys inside the Blazer. Crap. So I'm standing in the rain, feelin' sorry for myself, in the dark, on top of the freaken parking garage.

And I realize that I have pie from our primary. Which I ate, in the rain, with my fingers, in the dark, on roof of the parking garage, feelin' sorry for myself. And surprisingly, after a slice of pie, I didn't feel so darn bad.

She has perfect timing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home