Baby Shabooblah

Sunday, September 10, 2006

From Ronald McDonald House

I can't believe that I have been here for 2 weeks. I am so very thankful for all of the inspiring messages that have been left at this site over the last little while. It helps to give me the strength during the days that just seem to drag on and on.

Today, I escaped for a little while from the city. Honestly, you couldn't pay me to live here. With all of the noise and traffic and the coming and going. I really wonder where all of these people are heading at 3am...don't they sleep?

So, I headed off for the country and a couple of gravel roads. My head is clearer when I am not stuck waiting for a traffic light to change colour. I do understand why people who live in the city need vacations. Whephf. Some Garth Brooks, singing, with the windows rolled down for a couple of hours was just the break I needed. If my bladder could have hung on a little longer, I could have drove around for a couple more hours. The left or right game....it does something good for my soul. Summer is measured by the height of the corn. It seems as though I missed it growing this year.

I think I appreciate the journey just as much as the destination. So, although, thankfully, my drive has been shortened back and forth from the hospital, I really am longing for the day when I can return to home and become a commuter once again.

I think I would have made a fabulous truck driver...except for the backing up part.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:19 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ma, I'm glad you took a little time for yourself. Driving with no destination is a great way to think and reflect. I am so glad to continue reading how well everyone is doing. I can't wait to see you all again, and I continue to read about you guys every day. Keep doing what you're doing, and before you know it, Sha will be home where he belongs.

    Lots of love,
    Kris

     
  • At 8:22 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Eastbound and down, sister!!! I'll always think of you when that song comes to mind! Funny the things we miss - the things we think we hate (commuting!) - until 'normal' has changed and we can't control it. You guys are doing great - that day, when you get to bring him home, is getting closer. You've made it a long way (more than half - let's hope!) I don't have to tell you he's soooo worth it!

    Talk to you soon!
    A Cow

     

Post a Comment

<< Home