Baby Shabooblah

Monday, July 24, 2006

Day 36 of Life - July 24th

A busy day for the little one today. He had a chest X-ray, as they suspected that he had fluid in his lung again. The X-ray confirmed this suspicion and Sha has now received another dose of Lasix (the diuretic) to help get rid of the extra fluid. Despite this, his flow rate is still good (at approximately 20%), but his oxygen requirements are higher (sitting at about 68%).

The Turkey also had his 1-month follow-up head ultrasound today, which I am happy to report looks great. And he is now receiving 13 cc of breastmilk every 2 hours. Man, can this kid eat!!!

He has also had company galore today. Grandma McF visited and even got to hold him for awhile. Ma was at her daily post beside his bed and Pa was going to join her after work. On top of that, Grandma and Grandpa Cush came by for a little visit and I popped in just to say "hi". Overall, an exhausting day for the little monkey...but he seems to be holding up well. The human contact portion of his care is incredibly important, but sometimes neglected. Pa also got to kangaroo him last night...which was an awesome experience for both of them...and likely for Ma, too!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:55 a.m., Blogger Irina S. said…

    I've been following the blog and I'm happy that little Xander (is his official name Alexander?) is doing well. The fact that his head ultrasound looked good is a major thing. Does that mean he didn't have an Intraventricular Hemmorage? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for his eye exams.
    Thank you "Ma" for your kind words in the comment you left on my blog. By sharing my story about Cecilia I was trying to offer some hope and encouragement.
    I wanted to answer you sooner but I was kind of busy with my little Alexander born a week ago.
    All the best to you and your family and yes we should definitely keep in touch.
    Irina

     

Post a Comment

<< Home