Baby Shabooblah

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Day 4 of Life - UPDATE

Sha continues to cause problems for his nurses...the little bugger keeps moving around! He got to see and touch Grandma Cush, Grandma McF, Grandpa McF, Uncle Kabooblah and Aunt Nabooblah today. Tomorrow is Auntie's (that's me) turn (hee hee). More family bonding...more touches of love. The little one continues to improve and is still a little superstar. I'm positive that the love and support from all of you is helping. Thanks so much!

Uncle Kabooblah has asked me to say that he thinks that Sha is the cutest nephew he could have asked for. (Although he's supposed to be studying for his exam tomorrow!!!!)

Yesterday, Ma and I went to the NICU to see Sha together for the first time. God, he is beautiful...the most beautiful baby in the whole wide world (although, I might be a bit biased). We just stood and stared at him (crying of course), marvelling at the fact that Ma is now a mommy...and her little boy is here! Life is a beautiful and sometimes messy miracle...but a miracle just the same. And staring into that incubator, I was in awe. (Okay, enough...or I'll be sobbing again!!!)

Ma is also causing problems for her nurses, but not in the good way that her son is. No more walking, we're told. I'm not sure how much more they can take away from her. It hasn't worked so far! Blood pressure went even higher this morning...unbelievable. Her doctors and nurses don't understand how she can have absolutely NO symptoms!!! They gave her another dose of the other medication and her diastolic pressure (the bottom...and the most important one) dropped from 110 to 76 in 10 minutes!!! They doubled checked it to make sure it was right. They were confused as to why she wasn't lying passed out on the floor! That's our Ma though...too damn stubborn to even feel like fainting if she doesn't want to!

I want to reassure you all...although Ma's blood pressure is out of control...emotionally and physically (other than the blood pressure), she is much more herself. She is in good spirits and is pretty much back to her sarcastic, enjoyable self!

6 Comments:

  • At 10:13 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ma, Pa, and Sha,
    I'm thinking about you guys constantly, and I am continuously on the internet checking for updates. I love you guys, and I can't wait to see you! Take care of each other!

    Love Kris

     
  • At 7:14 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ma, Pa, and Sha....

    I'm sure we are all keeping up with the updates, this is great being as we can't come up and see the both (three) of you. Congratulations and I'm getting anxious to see the little guy....

     
  • At 7:50 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    To Ma, Pa, and beautiful baby boy, sending you best wishes and your in our thoughts and prayers. Take care of each other,

    The Andrew family

     
  • At 9:02 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ma, Pa, and Sha...you can imagine my excitement to hear the big news!! Congratulations! Sha sounds like he is just like his MA!!! Pa..you have your work cut out for you!! 2 of Ma..oh my! Ma...you need to get your pressure down...so I am giving you things to take your mind in a differnt direction..so...lets see..strike!, IRP! That should help...I miss you terribly but I am thinking of you all and can't wait to see you all. Sha we have a lot to talk about on how to keep your Ma in line...Pa is no trouble. Thank yo for these updates...Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.

    Luv
    your IRP "buddy"

     
  • At 3:07 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well Sha,

    I can't believe you are here and that anyone could possibly want to show up early to hang out with us "crazy" people!!!

    So happy you are safe and sound and surrounded by people that love you!!!

    lol
    Robin

     
  • At 9:11 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ma, Pa and Sha,

    Derek and I wish you all the best. Our thoughts are constantly with you right now and wishing all of you the best.

    Carrie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home