Baby Shabooblah

Friday, May 25, 2007

Sometimes it helps to know people...

Today was our DFC visit. Really nothing exciting to report. Sha has low tone in his upper body and needs to gain more weight. Stuff we already knew...

Anyway, Dr. C kindly checked out Xander's ears for me. He reported that he had a "little bit of wax" in his one ear and Xander would not cooperate for him to get a good look at the other.

As I am aware, you should not stick anything smaller than your elbow in your ear. So, Dr. C recommended a little bit of baby oil at bedtime just to try to get it cleared out before his big hearing test.

So, I put a couple drops in at bedtime this evening. Sha was stirring, and seeing as we would like to see him bulk up, at about 1am, I went up to give him a bottle. He drank it up in about 2 minutes!

I went to lay him back down in his bed and I though...oh, he must have had a little throw up earlier. Because the sheets had a stain on it. But this is odd, because Sha does not throw up formula unless he is EXTREMELY angry. Which he wasn't.

Formula leaves an "orangy stain" when it dries. But the it hits me, that is GROSS ME OUT! THAT IS EAR WAX! Holy crap. No wonder I think he has trouble hearing me lately. That was a lot of ewwww...

I am so excited for tomorrow! I can't sleep!! Maybe when he wakes up it will be like a brand new, clearer, hearing world!!!!!

I am sitting at the computer GRINNING MY DAMN FACE OFF. :-)

Gotta love Dr. C!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home