Baby Shabooblah

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Tim Hortons

How I miss thee
The coffee shop that I once loved.
We had an affair,
Timmy and I
Ran away together on a highway
Made of ribbons of
chocolate sugar.

Timmy.

We were closer then two
should ever be.
Even when you introduced
Steeped tea and increased
your prices.
I turned a blind eye
that you did not accept interact
and expected me to have cash
And changed to
Splenda.

Or the exponential amount of times
when you mixed up my order
I accepted your choices
Decided you must know what I need.
A coffee instead of tea.
At least it was
Surprising.

Timmy.

I loved you before
you had video images
in your drive thru.
Before your plasma TV.
Predating the new uniforms
and roll-up the rim.
When Timbits were a treat
Not a hockey team.

Timmy.

Do you know I drive 20
minutes each way to see you?
You do not live in my town.
Do you know the price of gas?

I still held a torch for you.

Even when you asked if
I would like a flavour shot
of orange in my French Vanilla.
What?
I should have seen the signs
Of you slowly losing your mind.

Timmy.

I dealt with the
issue of rotating products.
Apple cider
Gone.
Triple chocolate muffins
Gone.
In a rotation they would say.

Timmy.

I slept knowing that they
too would return.
Someday.

Why?
Why have you taken away the
Garden Veggie Sandwich?
Why? Whyyyyyy?

I can't sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home